The University of La Salette is a Roman Catholic institution of higher learning situated in Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines. It is one of the top performing universities in the region. It was founded in June, 1951 by the Missionaries of La Salette (M.S.).
The Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette, mandated by Msgr. Constancio Jurgens, Bishop of Tuguegarao, Cagayan, Philippines, to establish an educational complex as a response to the urgent need of the people in Isabela, opened La Salette of Santiago, a high school in 1950. In consonance with the growing need of the people for higher education, La Salette of Santiago moved up to College level with the assistance of the Maryknoll Sisters. In 1957, Rev. Fr. Jose R. Nacu, M.S., the first Filipino Missionary of Our Lady of La Salette, ordained priest in Fall River, Massachusetts, became the first Filipino Rector of La Salette of Santiago College. Eventually, in 1998, La Salette of Santiago was raised to a University level under the leadership of Rev. Fr. Romeo Gonzales, M.S., Ph.D.
Known for its charism Reconciliation (Reconciliare), the main complex of the University of La Salette is located in Santiago City, with extension campus in Silang, Cavite, Philippines. The span of its operation covers the vast southern Isabela province with extension offices in various towns for summer courses.
At present, the University Hospital, a 350-bed capacity tertiary hospital with a budget of 650 million pesos is under construction to cater to the growing demands in healthcare of the region.